Friday, January 25, 2008

Minnie Mouse on the Stand

As if I haven't suffered enough with the whole surgery at the beginning of rehearsals thing. Now, now I have the flu. Because of the set up of the play I was able to run my stuff three times last night and still make it home before 8 so it wasn't too bad. My cast mates mocked me quite a bit though. I play this really controlled and controlling woman and I do it with a very cold low tone of voice. But my flu made that impossible. Instead they said I sounded like Minnie Mouse. So just picture Minnie saying, "You don't find men like Bjorn Faulkner cringing before a bankruptcy commission and you don't find them locked in jail." and you get kind of an idea of how my rehearsal went last night. I don't think I'll be able to make it at all tonight. My face is so filled with stuff and I feel like I am being pushed into the ground. By 7 all I'll want is a Nyquil cocktail and unconsciousness.

No comments: